Sunday, July 24, 2011

Day 24- Your favorite movie and what it's about.

My favorite movie is kind of a hard thing to pin down. I have several favorites. There are movies that have great special effects. Movies that have a great story line. Movies that draw you in to their magical tales. Then there are movies that live with you for a long time after you have seen them. Those, to me, are the best. The first movie that really stayed with me was "Top Gun". I know it doesn't seem to be the greatest movie of all time but I liked it and I was little. The next movie that was in the "great" category was "Steel Magnolias". What can I say? I am a Georgia girl after all and Julia is from the ATL! Then there was "Forrest Gump". I was so moved by this movie that I couldn't move from the theater. And around the same time is the movie that I will watch for the rest of my life, "Sense and Sensibility". It is a beautiful tale and I love it! There are others that I will always turn to as favorites: "A League of Their Own", "Sleepless in Seattle", "Groundhog Day", "Harry Potter", "Lord of the Rings", and I am sure I am forgetting some. But if I had to pick just one, I would say "Sense and Sensibility". Here is a summary from wikipedia:

The story is about Elinor and Marianne, two daughters of Mr Dashwood by his second wife. They have a younger sister, Margaret, and an older half-brother named John. When their father dies, the family estate passes to John, and the Dashwood women are left in reduced circumstances. The novel follows the Dashwood sisters to their new home, a cottage on a distant relative's property, where they experience both romance and heartbreak. The contrast between the sisters' characters is eventually resolved as they each find love and lasting happiness. Through the events in the novel, Elinor and Marianne encounter the sense and sensibility of life and love.

You should watch it and see how hot Alan Rickman was before he was Snape.

Have a blessed evening and thanks for reading my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment