Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day 16- Your views on mainstream music

Once again I must ask you to pretend. Pretend that I wrote this post yesterday and I that I wasn't completely busy playing with my steel drum band. I guess Saturdays are a little packed these days.

My views on mainstream music. As a musician I guess I should really make a well thought out argument for this topic. As a normal human being who has a house to clean, groceries to get, and places to go, I will sum up my views very succinctly and get on with my life.

I think mainstream music is crap. All of the new pop artists today go into a studio and they auto-tune their voices to make them sound half way decent and that doesn't always work. Plus with the lyrics they write I am pretty sure they are winning no awards-reference the song "Friday" and you will know what I am talking about. There are catchy tunes and decent singers but all of the "great" music is gone. It's just not being produced anymore. Give me the exception. I would love to hear some decent music.

That's all for now. I will be back later to give you today's edition of the 30 day challenge.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment