Friday, July 22, 2011

Day 22 How have you changed in the last two years?

I have learned to eat healthier in the last two years. I made a conscience effort to search out healthy recipes and read about foods that are nutritious for my body. This change in my diet has been a slow process over the last 5 years, really. I think it was a decision that I made after my dad passed away. He never ate healthy a day in his life and he died at 58 (not that he died from his eating habits). I wanted to live long enough to see my children grow up and play with my grandchildren. Over the last year I have trimmed my weight by 25 pounds and am feeling great about it. Michael has lost 60 pounds and looks like a teenager again. He finally grasped portion control and figured out that he can't eat as much as he did when he was actually a teenager. I have also been learning a lot about healthy foods and how to cook them. Introducing zucchini, squash, peppers, almond milk, whole grains, and greens into our diet has helped our health tremendously. I am sure there are other things about me that have changed but this is the biggest one.

Have a blessed evening and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment